Welcome to Northlake in North Natomas. Our digital properties are intended primarily to provide homebuyers with information about the Northlake community, but we do collect personal information about consumers. This privacy notice describes how we collect, share and use personal information as well as how you can exercise your privacy rights. Please read this in full to ensure you are fully informed.
2. About Us
The Northlake website promotes the Northlake community neighborhoods. As part of our relationship with the homebuilder of the community, Lennar, we share information about interested homebuyers with them when the individuals opt in to such sharing. Personal information collected by Northlake may also be shared with Integral Communities and other affiliates of ours.
3. The Information We Collect
The purpose of our digital properties is to provide information about the Northlake community to interested individuals. When you visit our site, you are able to provide us with information about yourself so that we can provide you with more information, provide your information to the homebuilders or communicate with you. Like most other websites, ours also automatically collects information about your interaction with our website—which is primarily associated with your device—not you as a person. Lastly, we may also collect information about you from others like sales agents, brokers and other individuals. However we collect your personal information, we aim to be transparent about how and why we use it.
Information We Collect Directly from You
- If you register/sign up to receive information from us, we require that you provide your first and last name, email address and ZIP code (“Contact Information”). You may also provide additional information about yourself at your option. We collect this in order to communicate with you and to provide you with the information you request. We may also collect this information from you in person when you visit our Welcome Center/Resident’s Club and fill out a form.
- If you call us at our telephone number, we may collect your Contact Information and other personal information you provide to us over the phone. We may record the phone calls for quality assurance purposes.
- If you follow our Northlake Facebook or Instagram accounts, the fact that you follow us will be known to us. Some or all of your social media profiles will be accessible to us, depending on your privacy settings.
- If you communicate with us via email, mail, phone, social media messaging, SMS or other means, we may collect the personal information you share in those messages along with the metadata associated with those communications.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Our technologies collect and log information about your device and your configurations, such as your browser type, operating systems, Flash version, IP address and other features. This information ensures that our website will be properly displayed to you. We also use it for analytics and security purposes.
- As an example of how we automatically collect data, we use Google Analytics to learn information about you and your device and how you interact with our website. For example, we collect the date and time you access our site, the pages visited, the time spent on each page and various other metrics.
- We may also use technologies to learn and remember your preferences, like whether you consented to marketing (or revoked consent), and associate that information with you and your devices so that we can ensure that we honor your preferences.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
- If a third party provides us information about your interest in a property or the Northlake community in general, we may collect and process that information to contact you.
- We may receive information from the Northlake community homebuilders, our affiliates and others related to you and your interest in Northlake.
4. Use of Your Information
In addition to the ways we use your personal information described above, we use your personal information to operate our digital properties, to promote the Northlake Community and for other legitimate business purposes including:
- To operate and improve our digital properties and services;
- To send you advertising or promotional materials;
- To respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide you with requested customer support;
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- To monitor and evaluate trends, usage and activities in connection with our digital properties;
- To secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us to protect the security of our digital properties;
- To prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and to enforce our terms and policies;
- To conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our websites and provide other personalized content based on your activities and interests to the extent necessary for our legitimate interests in supporting our marketing activities or promoting the Northlake community or instances where we seek your consent;
- For the protection of Northlake and/or our affiliates, including to cooperate with governmental authorities, courts, regulators and others in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws.
5. Sharing Your Information
We may share and disclose your personal information with our affiliates and to the following types of third parties for the purposes described in this privacy notice. In addition, we share personal information with the following:
- The Northlake community homebuilders (when you opt in).
- Analytics providers like Google (Analytics) and HubSpot.
- Our business services providers who provide data hosting services, technical support, payment processing, content delivery, customer support and other business support services.
- Our advertising and promotional partners, like Facebook and Google, with whom we share personal information in order to retarget visitors who came to the website and to measure conversion.
- Other third parties when necessary to achieve one of the business purposes described above, including our legal advisors, governmental authorities, regulators and courts.
- Any person or entity with your consent.
6. Your Choices About How We Use Your Information
- You may choose to have us send you notifications through your device by opting in to receive notifications. You are not required to opt in. You may opt out of any notifications using the settings on your device.
- You may choose to opt in to sharing your Contact Information with the Northlake community’s homebuilders. Once the information is shared with the homebuilders, you must contact them to exercise your privacy rights.
- You can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt out of Ads Personalization. Even if you opt out of Ads Personalization, you may still see ads based on factors such as your general location derived from your IP address, your browser type and your search terms.
- Google allows users to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting services. You can download the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on.
- You can also manage many companies’ cookies used for online advertising via the consumer choice tools created under self-regulation programs in many countries, such as the U.S.-based aboutads.info choices page.
- You can use your web browser to directly block all cookies, or just third-party cookies, through your browser settings. Using your browser settings to block all cookies, including strictly necessary ones, may interfere with proper site operation. Guidance on how to control cookies in popular browsers is contained here:
- MacOS Safari
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
7. Third-Party Websites
Like most websites, ours has features on it that allow you to connect to/from third-party websites; your interactions with those third parties are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. These include:
- Social media platforms and widgets. We maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram. Our website includes social media features, such as the Facebook and Instagram icons. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website.
Any information, communications or materials you submit to us via a third-party platform (including social media) is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy.
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our digital properties.
9. Additional Privacy Terms
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires certain businesses to provide specific rights and fulfill certain obligations to California residents. Northlake Phase 1, LLC is not currently subject to the CCPA, however, we take your privacy seriously. If you have a privacy request, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
This website does not honor Do Not Track browser requests.
10. Children’s Privacy
Our website and services are not intended for children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not use our digital properties or provide information to us. If we discover that a child age 16 or younger has signed up for our services or provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete that child’s identifiable information from our records.
11. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this privacy notice to reflect changes to our data practices. If we make any material changes, we will provide notice on our website or attempt to notify you of the relevant changes. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest data on our privacy practices.